A Space Adventure (Demo) A Space Adventure (Demo)

Nice energy, some mixing issues

I really like the energy in this- very evocative with some nice colors from the orchestra. On a mixing note, I'm hearing alot of distortion, especially whenever there's a bass drum hit- it sounds like you need to bring the levels in your mix way down so that there's room for the transients to do their thing without them clipping or getting over-compressed. I'd much rather turn up the volume to hear crisp, clear epicness than not have to turn up the volume but get something distorted and more flattened out. Would love to hear this with a distortion-free mix!

OrphenFire responds:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I didn't really take time to master this, or even really musically conclude it. It was just a demo for the guys making the game to see what they thought of the specific theme I came up with. Thanks for the review, and don't forget to review the real version when it's uploaded (:

Last Hero Last Hero

Nice performance

I think the strongest part of this piece is your playing- you slowed down at just the right moments and sped up/got louder at the right moments as well. You must have a good ear for phrasing. I also like how you develop the theme but still keep bringing it back in its original form, all the way to the end- it makes the piece feel very complete and well rounded. On a mixing note, you're getting some distortion- if you're not using a limiter now, I'd recommend it.
And I like the profile picture, hehe :)

Sheodon responds:

Thank you. Your comment is really, really appreciated, gave me self-confidence. I'm also really glad you enjoyed both the music and my playing. Even if I'm not the fastest player, I try to compesing it with emotion. I compose and play music with heart.
I like your picture too. :)

"The Last Empire" - Orchestral "The Last Empire" - Orchestral

Nice mix!

Very nice, I like the tone you set right from the beginning, it really pulls you in, but I also feel like it's a tease since it's only a minute- I think it'd be awesome if it was longer and really built on the ideas that you started. But for an opening scene or a trailer it would fit well since something it wouldn't need to be super long and would be the part of the game that just teases you anyway before you really get into the story itself.